NTFS problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Area

Baseband Member
I'm running Windows 2000 but Office 97. I've changed my disks to NTFS. Whenever I try to quicklaunch a file (i.e. by clicking on it), I get error messages before it finally opens.

To explain further - if the file was;
C:/My Documents/Folder/test.doc

then I get "Cannot find the word document "C:/My"", followed by "Cannot find the Word document "Documents"", and then the file finally opens.

I have other stuff that has similar problems other than office programs too. I'm assuming it's an NTFS problem, but is there any way around it?

Thanks!

I was hoping the "workaround" would not involve me giving ANY more money to that total scumbag Bill Gates. Especially since I don't think they DO an upgrade from 97 to 2000 (or if they do it costs a fortune).

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

hmmm, well since uninstalling office at all, any versino, is a very mess yinstall, and ther eis practicly no wayto fully remove it. So i gues your best bet is to backup what u want, and format and reinstall office.

and if you get the same problem, format again but this tie format as FAT32 rather then NTFS

I wont say its an NTFS problem, but i do not disgard the possibility of a suspect file allocation table problem. Try norton disk doctor and check if there is any problem with the FAT.

like chesman say, it would be more advisable to reformat ur hdd, but you can definitely use NTFS for a clean formatted hdd. But, do backup ur data before you do that, coz you know, format means, all data will be gone.

Did you upgrade from FAT32 to NTFS after you had your OS installed?

Try uninstalling Office and installing it again.

And I agree, Bill Gates is a scumbag and should get nothing.

Have you tried Openoffice.org?

First time I installed 2000 I changed to NTFS after install. Second time (I had problems) I formatted the drives in advance to NTFS.

I'll just live with it. I like Office, and I'm damned if I'm giving more money to Bill Git (sorry, Gates).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom