Not all it's cracked up to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the 6600GT, granted everything was turned all the way up with 4xAA and 8xAF, but the difference wasn't as great as I thought it would be. It was somewhat disappointing.
lol dude you're basing the card off of one game? That's not fair for any card. 4xaa and 8x af at high settings is quite a leap from medium settings without those...yeesh.

Yes, compare your Gf4 to far cry and doom3 and even HL2 and you will see where the difference is.

Hell run 3dmark 03 and 05 for that matter

Nubius said:
lol dude you're basing the card off of one game? That's not fair for any card. 4xaa and 8x af at high settings is quite a leap from medium settings without those...yeesh.

Yes, compare your Gf4 to far cry and doom3 and even HL2 and you will see where the difference is.

Hell run 3dmark 03 and 05 for that matter

Whoa dude, chill out. It seems like you're taking this as a personal attack or something. I just told a story from my personal experience, I didn't bash the card or anything.

"Big difference" is a relative term. As I mentioned in my first post, I'm not hardcore enough to justify spending $200. For some people it might be worth it, but it's not for me. 'Call of Duty' is the only game like that I play so the Ti 4200 is fine for me. That's all I'm trying (and already did) to say.

One thing that's rather annoying is people assuming my 'emotion' through text.....its text dude.....I'm always calm unless I do something like WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM NOOB!!?!?!?!

I don't take any personal offense to it, it's your money, but you're basing it off of one game that's pretty aged, but even in that game you did do a huge jump from graphics maxed.

Don't know exactly what you thought CoD would look like after words. If you would have told us that's the only game you want to play then people probably wouldn't have suggested it to you, but it sets you up for future games

saddness i have a 5600 ultra and its ok granted my systems probly holdin it back but i love it its a good card

yea i have the same card. 5600ultra and it keeps up w/ beeds system and card. i feel quite proud! But dude the 6600GT rocks man! that game isnt that graphic. Play doom3 and you will see man. besides play it at the same settings you play your ti4200 at and you will see a massive Fps increase. Besides even when i had my 6800GT i had lag w/ Everythig nmaxed otu and 4xAA and 8x AF

There is a serious problem if you don't see much of a difference between a 6600 GT and a GeForce 4 TI. Play some newer games, then try to tell me its not worth it.

Ok maybe I didn't install it right or something the first time. I'll run a bunch of benchmarks and post the scores. I'll run benchmarks in 3DMark01, 3DMark03, 3DMark05, and Aquamark. Are those good or are there some other ones I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom