Value ram isn't always bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bro has corsair value select, runs perfectly fine, no problems. He cranks up Half life 2 fairly high on his 9800 pro. u dont always need to spend 100's of $$$ on the ultra high end stuff.

My bro has corsair value select, runs perfectly fine, no problems. He cranks up Half life 2 fairly high on his 9800 pro. u dont always need to spend 100's of $$$ on the ultra high end stuff.
Yeah that's cause the game isn't dependant on the RAM.

A big misconception is that high $$$'s means better performance. This isn't the case. Most people buy the high dollar RAM because it'll OC like a beast with good timings under less voltage.....except for people who just HAVE to have the best of the best, most that buy high performance arent leaving it at 200MHz ;)

Rebates suck. I know people who have sent theirs in and havent got anything back. This was over 8 months ago.

Nubius said:
Yeah that's cause the game isn't dependant on the RAM.

A big misconception is that high $$$'s means better performance. This isn't the case. Most people buy the high dollar RAM because it'll OC like a beast with good timings under less voltage.....except for people who just HAVE to have the best of the best, most that buy high performance arent leaving it at 200MHz ;)
But even if you get the better RAM and don't overclock it you will be benefitting from the lower latency values. That's why I got the 2-2-2-5 latency corsair in my main system, not overclocked, because it is better than value RAM at like 3-3-3-7 or whatever. ;)

But even if you get the better RAM and don't overclock it you will be benefitting from the lower latency values. That's why I got the 2-2-2-5 latency corsair in my main system, not overclocked, because it is better than value RAM at like 3-3-3-7 or whatever.
Cas latency of 3 compared to 2 will show absolutely no bandwidth differences, same with the cycle time being at 7 instead of 5.

Bench your RAM at with the ras to cas and ras precharge at 2, using sandra, then bench it at 3 and tell me if the small margin of mb/sec is worth the generally $100+ more initial cost. It's all about OC'ing to truly get your moneys worth.

Heres what I got:

DDR470 - 235MHz - 2.5-2-2-7-1T 2.8v @ 3598/3338

vs

DDR470 - 235MHz - 2-3-3-6-1T 2.7v @ 3579/3343

a whole 20mb/sec diff....you are never going to notice that. of course your system may be different, but you aren't going to see like a 200mb/sec diff by any means

Well I just benched my RAM with Everest with 1 gig of it.

Read: 5925MB/s
Write: 2267MB/s
Latency: 71.4ns

Why are my values so much different? :confused:

I've got some VData in my laptop and I believe Viking and Infinite (something like that) in my tower. Cost easily half as much as Corsair and Kingston. Newegg always!

Why would there be such a big difference between Sandra and Everest, I mean that difference is HUGE. His read and write are almost the same and with mine there is a giant gap between the two, which is correct?

I don't know, never used everest, so I dont know they use their measurements. Mind you I'm on a socket A system, and you're on a fairly up to date Intel, so for all I know it could be way different like mine vs an AMD64 would be. AMD64 would show like near 6gb/sec transfer because of the memory controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom