What runs at 70C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I haven't increased any voltages on my motherboard. And would there be any need to?
I'm still new to overclocking and I don't really have my bearings yet.
The way I'm overclocking I want to maintain my 1:1 ratio and just keep upping the HTT frequency and the RAM frequency as high as I can. So if I'm doing that I will only need to perhaps change the voltage to the RAM and the Vcore voltage right? I'm leaving the multiplier at 9X and the LDT multiplier at 4X.

I'm also wondering when I should increase voltage. So far I'm up about .3ghz from stock (1.8-2.1) and I haven't increased anything yet. About how many ghz up on the total clock can I go before having to up the vcore? Or how much frequency on the RAM from 200mhz do I have to go before adding voltage to that or loosening the timings?
I don't want to keep going higher if it's going to damage anything.

You need to increase voltage, or your system will get damaged. After about every 100mhz, your going to want to raise your vcore around .2 or .5 volts. You'll end up topping your DDRV real quick.

Do you mean 100mhz after the multiplier is factored in or before that? If it's after then that seems like a helluva lot of voltage.
So like for my example, 1.8-2.1 I should have already raised the vcore about a volt?

you need to write down all of the changes you make.

then try to boot the computer at the overclocked speed, if it doesnt boot, you know you need to up the voltage.

Because you wrote it down, you can reset the CMOS and put in the overclocked numbers back in and up the voltage just a little bit. maybe .2volts.

try to boot again and if it doesnt boot, you need to reset the cmos and up the voltage a little bit more.

You just always need to remember to write down all changes you make to the bios. Its a lot of nubers to remember off the top of your head.

i suggest you read the overclocking sticky for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom