LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D --- Memory Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you tell me exactly what to change in the bios?
I'm kinda a virgin to overclocking/timings.

Yup, I get the EXACT same thing where it complains about 2&4, then you have to push F1. :confused:

sry, my dfi mobo is on RMA and won't be back for another 2 weeks or so, so i guess you gotta wait for someone to teach you how to loosen the timings (probably won't help, but it's always worth a try to see what happens before you RMA, cuz u got nothing to lose)

So Nubius You think we both got bad boards?
Uhhhh yes? :D Who knows, it sounds like some BS really. Timings should have nothing to do with it. Unless he's tightened them, then loosening them would be pointless.

Are your RAM modules single sided or double sided? Meaning the black RAM chips on one side or both sides of the ram sticks

Dual.
There's black ramchips on both sides of it under the headsink.

Corsair
CMX512-3200C2PT
XMS3202v4.2
xms 3200 512mb 400mhz cl2

*information above is what I read off of the ram itself*

Aright get into your BIOS, go to GENIE BIOS, then DRAM configuration...make sure everything is at AUTO

Change the COMMAND PER CLOCK to 2T or T2 (it can be displayed as either depending on the mobos and whatnot) , save changes, then try slots 1 & 3

EDIT: Also in the genie BIOS screen make sure the FSB Bus frequency is at 200 and the CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio is set to 1:1, or if you see options like 3/3, 4/4 or whatever they all mean 1:1

DOUBLE EDIT: Make sure the Jp17 jumper is in default position on pins 1 & 2.

Also in the BIOS under genie BIOS make the DRAM Voltage at 2.8v

Is that my last chance to get it to working?
Cause I got the mbd all boxed up now but if you think that will work I'll take it back out.

Now ask yourself... You feelin lucky! Well... Do yah... punk!
Ok ... that's old.

Sorry,
It's late.

Well, if you already got it packed up then it's really your choice, cause I know it'd be a pain in the butt to get it all setup and connected.

Honestly the thing should work without all that BIOS though, but your other board comes and it's the same crap then try the above procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom