do those internet SPEEDBOOSTERS work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebayfreak

Banned
I see these programs all the time on sites such as Download.com. Theres tonnns of them!! They all claim to be able to boost your internet connection speed on Dial-Up, DSL, and Cable. Do these really work? What exactly do they do?

no men...they doesnt work...if u want...try with some n test ur internet conection.... http//us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer
u´ll see ..it doesnt work...

They are graphics degraders. The programs lower the quality of the graphical elements of webpages, making the file sizes smaller, thus taking less time to download them.

But they won't make a noticeable difference in general browsing speed. Waste of time to download in my opinion.

I would never want to sacrifice image quality anyway, thats why I hate dial up ISP's that offer that and charge more money for it.... (such as netzero/juno)

Trotter said:
They are graphics degraders. The programs lower the quality of the graphical elements of webpages, making the file sizes smaller, thus taking less time to download them.

wow..that's just low

o wow - that IS a rip-off to take away image quality. i have DSL so im not too worried about speed, but i was just wondering. thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom