LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D --- Memory Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup that's how it'd work, same thing applies to 1 & 3.

You already RMA'd the memory eh?

Sticks work by themselves, but not in dual channel?

Don't suppose you have another board to try it in, other than that my next suggestion would be to RMA the board :(

Noooooooooooooo!

I got another computer I can put the ram in and try another computer all together?
Now this I tried already and the ram worked. I also put the ram in my WORKING computer into this one (pc2700) and it got the beep codes in dual channel also...

Check your pm's Nubius for a sec bro.

Already replied to PM

If the other known computer is also beeping when you try to run the sticks in dual channel, then for whatever reason those sticks aren't wanting to run together in dual channel. If you've already RMA'd the sticks, you could try again I guess, other than that, if you know someone who'd let you borrow a kit of RAM that they run in DC and try it out in your motherboard you'd know the problem.

Ahh, so I need to try my new ram in my working computer...
I ran prime95 for a few hours on the two new corsair sticks I have and it didn't gimme any errors at all... So I don't think it's bad a second time.

I have already tried my pc2700 (other working computer) in this computer and it got me nowhere fast... :(

I'm guessing my board hates dual channel for some odd reason then?

either the board hates dual channel, or a couple of the slots are bunk, that's why I say it might be worth RMA'ing the motherboard itself.

But yes if you can, you need to try that new RAM you got in a computer that can run dual channel. If that computer goes crazy when you put the sticks in a DC configuration then you know somethings up with the RAM although I highly doubt it's the case.

Well, it didn't work, it just either froze or gave an error. (I checked this error a while ago, it said it either had something to do with the slot or the RAM itself).

I can run the two sticks perfectly in Single Channel and it registers as 1GB...

So your opinion (as well as mine) is that the dual channel setup on my board is hosed?

Sounds like a pretty good assumption thus far.

If you got a friends comp that supports dual channel see if the RAM runs in his comp no probs. If it does that mobo needs to go back

Alazar said:
Well, it didn't work, it just either froze or gave an error. (I checked this error a while ago, it said it either had something to do with the slot or the RAM itself).

I can run the two sticks perfectly in Single Channel and it registers as 1GB...

Same here!
I'm getting 1gb in single channel easily...

But then I get the error on boot that..

WARNING
You are running in single channel mode. Please put DIMM modules into slots 2&4 for DIMM configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom