Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidemm

Solid State Member
Hey Gang,

This is my first time using this forum so thank you in advance.

My PSU recently blew out and I had to buy a new one. My old one was a 300 Watt weener and the new one is 450 Watt Rosewell beauty.

After having installed it, whenever I try to run the only game I play (3D intense), my Radion 9200 seems to crap out. The screen goes black and there's nothing I can see so I'm forced to perform a hard reset everytime. I'm thinking that the card is getting too hot because I feel its heatsink and it burns. I have the side of the case open and that seems to help, but it still happens every once-in-a-while.

Could the new PSU be sending too much power to it or something? Is there a way to tone down the power it gets? Is there any other way to control the heating?

Thanks.

As long as you keep it dust free, I'd keep the side panel off. Mine is never on.
The PSU really shouldn't have anything to do with it. All you need is better ventilation.

There's really no way to adjust that PSU. I assume it's set on 115V for north america and not 220V?
It's odd that a new power supply would cause the graphics card to overheat. Temporarily I would try just leaving the side open and sticking a box fan next to the case to keep it cool.

Hey,

It is pretty dust free.

Also, I have NEVER had this problem before the new PSU and I had the side-panel on.

it might be the old psu that blew it? also, could the 9200 handle the game before the old psu blew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom