getting a new dell pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes!! Here is what you do:

Make a new thread on this forum, and give it a title like: "building $1000 computer"

Then, in the thread say what you will use the computer for and what hardware(if any) you already have.

Then let everyone know where you are located, so that we can know which online store to get prices from.

If you do this, you will get a computer that will destroy a Dell, and will get plenty of helpful responses.

DON'T GET IT ITZ A RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE ONE OF YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S CHEAPER :)

deh707 said:

dimension 8400

Pentium® 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology (3GHz, 800 FSB)
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 400MHz (2x512M)
80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW)
256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800

Case/psu ($60??)
P4 630 ($230)
1GB dual channel ddr400 ($100)
Mobo ($105)
cd/dvd ($55)
Gfx card ($250)

At most you're getting like $800 worth of stuff with bad tech support and an intel processor along with a 6800NU which might be an LE

try www.ibuypower.com

if you go AGP, for $928, you get a raidmax case, an enermax sli-ready psu, Abit mobo, amd 64 socket 939 3200+, a 6600gt, a gig of ram, an 80gig sata HDD, and a cd/dvd/cdrw/dvdrw drive

True Story. About a year ago, my wife and I bought a Dell 8300 for $1750.00 shortly after that I became increasingly interested in building my own computer. I studied for A+ Certification, took the test and passed. Then I started MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification coarses at a local computer learning center.

My point. Now that i'm more experienced in the world of PC's with both (CORE HARDWARE & OS's) i've learned a valuable lesson. A lesson that all of these fine forumers are trying to express to you. When you buy a Dell, you get an OK PC. Ok, for probably 85% of this worlds population. There's nothing wrong with a dell for the average to below average user. But, once you gain more knowledge and experience you start to realize, a Dell isn't really that good.

You pay for the name # 1.
The Motherboards are total CRAP.
The RAM is TOTAL CRAP.
ZERO Overclocking ablity.
The cases are TOO small and aren't compatible with any MOBO but the piece of crap dell uses.
The MOBO's aren't compatible with any case you can buy aftermarket.
The PSU's are always cheap and under powered...
Their help supports #1 answer to every problem is, "FORMAT" the Harddrive.

If I knew then what I know now, i would have saved myself a ton of cash and would have had a much better system right from the start instead of constantly taking DELL STOCK components out and putting better components in... I almost have a brand new PC all I need now is to buy a CASE, MOBO & PSU, and the DELL is history...

DON'T BUY DELL...

i agree with that post^^ also dont buy HP or any other computer sold at a "good value" store named "PC World", my first comp was a hp, it only had a 150w psu [i wonder how it worked], get a custom pc built for you, it will be a much better performer and the case will not be a peanut size. you will also save money and time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom