Need some advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think that upgrading from 128 to 384 is enough ram or should i go up to 640? this is w/out video games.. just for regular comp stuff.

RDRAM ey?

Rare and old - but expensive lol ;)

Well I found this lot it may suit your budget, may not - depends what you can afford:

SAMSUNG Original 184-Pin 256MB RAMBUS RDRAM PC-800, Model MR16R1628EG0-CM8 - OEM

Item# N82E16820151102

$179.00 [2x the stick you suggested]

APOLLO nVIDIA GeForce FX5700LE Video Card, 128MB DDR, DVI/TV Out, PCI Model "APV-P5700LE 128M" -RETAIL

$89.00

A processor wouldn't fit in your budget unfortunatley but this should keep you going ;)

Here's a link to Gateway's selection of RDRAM. Since I don't know your systems maximum, I don't know what to recommend, but I doubt you could afford the maximum (if you're like me).

http://tinyurl.com/4mphj

the ones on the gateway site are pretty expensive so i think i may just get it on NewEgg since i know what i need.. thanks a lot guys i think that will be my alternative
just memory

minimumturbulen said:
the ones on the gateway site are pretty expensive so i think i may just get it on NewEgg since i know what i need.. thanks a lot guys i think that will be my alternative
just memory

as diablo said just the ram and gfx card won't make it run doom etc. brilliantly - the cpu does play a role ;)

yea so i guess until i can find some more money for a full upgrade.. ill just upgrade memory for regular comp work.. gaming will have to wait...
i have my xbox and chaos theory anywayts lol (oh yea halo 2 too)
so thanks tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom