Inadequate psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mousepad said:
256mb is anything to waste your money on. Don't let people talk you into it, they don't know what they're talking about. 128mb video card is enough for a good while.
Don't play that game. I do know what I'm talking about, you clearly don't.
For older cards you want 128mb. For a newer card like the 6800, 256mb is much better. He cheaped out and got one of the really crappy 6800s.

Thanks, I'm feeling the warmth.. just forget about the stupid graphics card. I think im gonna pop over to the msi forums..

Wow congrats guys...focusing way off at the problem at hand....feel proud.

Drew, assuming you return, technically that PSU should be more than adequate. I've seen people power more drives with a 15a +12v rail....it could be though that the PSU is just crap and not delivering the appropriate voltage, of course it would require a multimeter to check the +12v line for precision.

Thermaltake 560w is what I have, 22a on the +12v rail and I've had ridiculous number of fans, drives, and overclocked CPU, and all kinds of crap on it, rails never faultered.. costs $100

mousepad said:
256mb is anything to waste your money on. Don't let people talk you into it, they don't know what they're talking about. 128mb video card is enough for a good while.

Gah 128meg isnt enough for a 6800 they defiantly need more

For the PSU your amperage is fine on the 12volt rail. However Generic power supply's are really crappy and put out nowhere near what they should, and have a tendancy to cause problems and fry computers.

A thermaltake TD-420AD is a good idea, but if you have more money feel free to spend more on a power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom