Final Computer Building Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
found some OCZ...............ddr433...so would that be any use since the DFI mobo i want only supports up to 400? or can i tweak my mobo to supprort faster RAM?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-950&depa=1

also, would it be any better if i got this and overclocked it?
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-950&depa=1

heres the only affordable Geil i can find......its ddr500, so same question that i asked about that first set of OCZ sticks..........
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-517&depa=1

your mobo just supports ddr400, you have to bump up the speed yourself, unless you get pre-oc'd ram

isnt ddr over 400 on newegg pre-overclocked? and so i just have to mess with the settings, not with the mobo your saying, right? and if those arnt pre-overclocked, does that mean i cant use them?

you can use any memory that's ddr266 and above (not that you should; go for ddr400, if not more)

You need to switch over to an Intel system if you want higher series of RAM. Nforce4 chipsets don't support that high of RAM. Just get PC3200 RAM, it is the best stuff you can get for your mobo.

this is a travesty. i have ordered quite a few things from rosewill and everythings GREAT. so has many people here. no bad reviews, nothing. face it guys rosewills here to stay and it looks like it will be one of the top competitors to me.

PoisonPorkchop, your not understanding the point. Rosewill sucks at OC. Sure, you can buy any video card on the market, and it will work. But once you start increase voltage and mhz, then the tables turn. Not all companys built their hardware for OC reasons.

I was saying that Rosewill mobos suck, and im sure their video cards do also. Yes you prove a very valid point. But why does the eVGA 6600 GT OC better then its competitors? Because its built differently. Same with Sapphire vs Rosewill. Its not even a worthly arugement, Rosewill sucks guys. If you have striaght OC in mind, then you better get the rite brand.

OCZ uses Samsung chips, so does Geil and Corsair. But they are built differently. Im not trying to bash, im just stating the truth. Its fun to believe theirs no differience between a Rosewill card and a Sapphire. Then just think the Sapphire is over priced, while the Rosewill is the same thing. But its not. Never have i ever read anything about OC concerning Rosewill, in a good way. Anyone that knows about ATI cards and OC, will not suggest Rosewill amoung other brands. If you just want a X800, then get your Rosewill. But if your going to OC, then dont dare.

I think I will try out OCZ memory. Is there anything you can get scratches out of your monitor screen?(mines crt) Also, how would I go about painting it black?

A CRT monitor is just glass. You could try using some type of glass solvent to fix the scratch. Or you could just open the thing up and replace the glass but that might prove difficult. As for painting just make sure you do it outside or you have very good ventilation, or else the fumes will get to you.
For painting the grille part (the part with holes or slats) just be very careful not to get any drips inside the monitor. I would use a small brush and use very little paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom