looking to upgrade my xp processer

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, you should get the 64 bit (the prices should drop in a week or two after venice comes out)

This is a fairly comprehensive look at 64 bit processing, however it's kinda old and therefore won't include a lot of the new stuff that's availible on the market today.

Basically you're looking for a socket 939 processor and motherboard. The Venice most probably will prove to be better of the AMD cores, however it's really only beneficial if you plan to overclock it. Otherwise, a Winchester or Newcastle core is fine, Winchester if you're concerned about heat, and Newcastle if want a bit more punch to your performance.

sorry i pm you gaara but what is this new core going to do. i would like to oc but i also need to know what to site it on and what to use for cooling for this 64. i have a xp so this is new to me alot on 64 processer.

That new core won't be coming out for a while yet. Unless you want to wait, get the Winchester.

I would always go mid-atx. More compatibility, more room, better cooling. Only go micro if you have a serious space issue.

well obviously water and air would be two completely different things. Water is always better than air with the exception of buying a crappy kit compared to a top knotch air solution.

of course the BEST cooling would be phase change :p But I know that aint gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom