Building 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know much about cases, i just want one thats light and good fans and stuff and also easy to work with. maybe that one? does it have a removable mobo tray and good instructions?

although i'm a utter newb, i guess the SLI would be worth it, although I've heard mixed things about asus (though they make killer laptops)

I know that there are cases that have removeable mobo trays, but I cant think of any. This one has a removeable side panel and removeable drive cages(which are super handy).

I have also heard the mixed stories about asus. I have an ASUS motherboard, and I like it. Some friends have asus mobos and they like them.

No matter what just go with a brand name mobo (abit, asus, gigabyte, etc) even though everyone is gonna have an opinion on each different kind.

good point, removeable drive cages sound good. i guess without a mobo tray you gotta lay the comp on its side and work huh?

the case has to be able to take the psu right, it'd be nice if there were good instructions on whatever case it is.

also def going with a brand name, that ASUS mobo sounds solid (SLI cant hurt, can it?).

you gotta lay the comp on its side and work huh?
That is the easiest way, yes.

it'd be nice if there were good instructions on whatever case it is.
I think that they usually have decent instructions. You can always post on Tech-Forums is you have question about the build:)

SLI cant hurt, can it?
I don't think so. Like I said, it helps to futureproof your machine against new games coming out.

That Lian Li case seems good. It has way better cooling than the other. I would go for the Lian Li.

Hey rosencrantz, just thought i'd caution you with that cpu and mobo you suggested from newegg. They are different sockets and wont work together.

the ASUS A8N-SLI is good but at times a bit buggy it seams. i havn't actually had any probs but mabe im just blaming them on other things, eg my ram (value so i think thats it) won't go past ddr460 3-3-3-5 1t and for a while my 6600GT was screwing up after about 3 hours of playing doom3, hl2 and rome tw

dudedrew18 said:
Hey rosencrantz, just thought i'd caution you with that cpu and mobo you suggested from newegg. They are different sockets and wont work together.

whoops, which mobo + cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom