Gaming Pc or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dale5605 said:
No he's saying that the graphics card won't be fast enough. :D

If you want really good gaming this is the graphics card for you:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-483&depa=1

What fanboyism....your the only one here who's brave enough to suggest ATI.

Don't go with an ATI this generation, unless its the X800XL, which rivals the 6800 GT at only $300. 9800 Pro is weak, 6600 GT is very good, but it won't be able to max out games as long as the 6800 GT or X800XL will.

thats what im after, to get the most and the best graphs and a good smooth performance from games like doom 3 and half 2, a 6600 wont last and hold future games wud it

A 6800 GT is your best bet as far as performance, although you can get an X800XL which is only a few frames behind the 6800 GT for $100 less. I hate to recommend ATI after all the problems I have had with the X800 Pro, but the X800XL is definately the best bang for your buck if you want to go high but not highest end. The bad thing about the X800XL is it doesn't support Pixel Shader 3, which will be used in some future games.

beedubaya said:
What fanboyism....your the only one here who's brave enough to suggest ATI.

Don't go with an ATI this generation, unless its the X800XL, which rivals the 6800 GT at only $300. 9800 Pro is weak, 6600 GT is very good, but it won't be able to max out games as long as the 6800 GT or X800XL will.
Figures you got to have the ATI haters come out and pounce on you for just a harmless suggestion.
Go whine about your bad ATI experiences somewhere else, I don't want to hear it anymore.

The man says he wants a powerful graphics card. I would look for cards along the lines of x800 xl, x850 xt, 6800 gt OC, etc. Any of these cards are powerful enough to handle anything and will last a while (pixel shader 3 doesn't future-proof crap).

the 6600GT is awsom for the cash. if you have more get the X800XL and if thats too cheap then the 6800GT but its hardly faster. the X800Pro Sucks and the X800XT isn't much faster than an oc'd X800XL

Two 6600GT's whup the tar outa any single graphics cards out there (unless you get one of the two-GPU ones...).

Trotter said:
Two 6600GT's whup the tar outa any single graphics cards out there (unless you get one of the two-GPU ones...).

Alot of the time they wi ll loose out actually

Trotter said:
So not true, look at the reviews. Most of the time an x800 xt pe or an x850 xt will beat two 6600 gts in SLI.

im gunna get a 6800 sli, then get another in 6 months coz the price wud of gone down loads by then wudnt it, in some reviews it says the 6600 struggles a bit with doom n half life 2, not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom