Help w/ Dell desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would much rather build my own. That's a little too much $$$ for me BUT......

According to Dell, this is an excellent price considering that you can't buy the same system from them for less than $2,000.

Is 24 hour support an issue? If not, than I would try looking at PCs from TigerDirect.com. Although their prices have been on a slight rise in the past couple years, they are still honest prices.

But as for the Dell system above, excellent price.

-Michael

I agree with previous posts. There is one thing you should be extra carefull with when ordering from dell. They charge you (at least in Europe) huge amounts of money for upgrades.

What I mean is that if you for instance want 1024mb instead of 512mb of RAM DON'T buy it from dell! They sometimes charge you more than twice as much as other retailers.

Don't waste your money. I can tell you that if it's ebay'd then there is NO tech support. And Dells are not easy to fix. They don't always use name brand equipment.

Go with a tigerdirect rig. You'll get a killer rig for less money. And you'll have a good company backing you up.

http://www.atop.ca is a good company to order from, or build a system... if you live in Canada. That's where I order a lot of my 'puter stuff from.

Reasonable Canadian Prices.

The point is mute? .... or moot?
LOL....sorry, so anyway....good price but none the less, most of the posts steer away from Dell. Get a PC from TigerDirect.com.

-Michael

dvd burner = waste of money.

dell - waste of money.

custom comps,
i gaurentee u if u buy a dell, theres little upgrade u can do.

anyways, the choice is yours.

id go custom and build a computer based on what i wish to do with it.

72297 i agree that dell is crap and why does dell use the exact same case for every one of their models? , but in this case i would have to say you got a fantastic deal.

it comes with a 18inch lcd monitor and the specs are good. btw, spfd dvd burners are a waste of money? no my friend, they are not. they have many good uses including all the obvious ones :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom