installing generic usb hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok when it is plugged in, i have on the list under other devices: UnKnown Device
USB device.

Under USBcontrollers i have:
USB root hub
USB root hub
USB root hub
USB root hub
USB root hub
VIA rev 5 or later USB universal host controller
VIA USB enhanced host controller

The unknown USB device will be the hub (unless you have any other USB devices connected that haven't been installed).

The rest of it looks normal but not sure if you have v2.0 drivers installed or whether system is using generic Via ones.

First thing to try, unplug the hub from your PC & delete the unknown USB device from device manager. Reboot & then reconnect the hub. XP should find it & then try to install the correct driver from XPs database.

If that doesn't work, I would insert the CD that came with your mobo (or if you don't have it, download the v2 USB drivers from manufacturers website).

Then try to update the USB controller from device manager. If you are already using the correct drivers, windows should tell you at this point.
NB If XP doesn't find any drivers in the USB driver section of the CD, you may find theres an exe file there which you would have to run instead.

If this is successful, remove any unknown USB devices again from dev man & reboot/reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom