DDR3 by 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the mobiles are better in every way then why don't many people buy them? And why would AMD make weaker chips to sell as it's main desktop line?
It's called marketing dude. Not everyone wants to Overclock is another issue. You have to know what the mobiles can do so you can make sure you get an OC'ers board. If you aren't tech savy you just see 'Ooooh AMD Athlon XP 3200+ for $150' and for people like my brother who think more money = better performance/quality then boom they are making cash.

For those who knows whats up and do research like myself and care to dive a little into overclocking you can spend $90 and get a CPU which will OC well beyond that of the 3200+ and still stay cooler.

People don't by mobiles because of ignorance, or simply they do not know, or like I said don't want to OC. Same reason why some people would say an FX-55 is crap because 'its a mere 2.6GHz thats weak'

Don't know why you're so hung up on it honestly.

It's cheaper
It's cooler (temps not like...hey i'm cool)
Easy to OC well beyond the most powerful XP's current CPU

Basically it comes down to those who want to overclock though.

If the AMD64 mobiles migrate from socket 754 to socket 939 you can be assured that I will once again mobile. You just can't beat the OC'ing power of them although like gaara said, the new CPU's are coming out with some low wattages and Vcore as it is.

Oh yeah plus the Mobiles have unlocked multipliers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom