Unexpected error; quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubmen

Solid State Member
Hi, Window xp. SP 1, family computer with 4 users, all administrators. When switching users, we have this window error (unexpeted error; quitting) we click on it, gone. What causes this error and how to fix.

Unexpecting error; quitting

desiboi said:
How much memory do you have?

Hi 255 mb. Try many times to download sp2, always errors. I want to make sure that my machine is clean b4 downloading anything. Now I use Microsoft Beta antispyware but will not work with other 3 users. error 1904. Trying to fix with Beta. Is there any tools to repair registry. I have problems in there. Thank you

i would just do a fresh install of your old xp sp1 through the bios in the startup (before the OS comes up). I did the same thing, worked perfectly.

I really hate posting things like this, but I really suggest not bothering with it. I'd honestly just formatt your computer. With all of these errors, i am guessing that as soon as you fix them you will only get more. I may be wrong ofcourse but you never know. If you decide to format just let us know and we can walk you through it easily.

Hi, I just run AVG n Beta, computer clean. Will run Ad aware in silent mode (f8) then will install sp2 with cd. This should work .
Hubmen

well, I'm going to say, you need more memory. A loaded profile in XP takes about 80 to 100 mb so It's pretty safe to say your getting into trouble due to low system memory. Go spend a little cash and upgrade to either 512 or 1024. It's worth it and you will notice the improvement almost at once. Also, run Check disk and do a defrag. This will help with system side performance..

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom