2x 6600GT (SLI) or 1x 6800GT (Normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't much better than that can you?

I say go for it. It looks good to me. I am assuming that the ram is dual channel, if not that'll hurt performance noticably. But, I'm certain that it IS dual channel- so go for it!

retherfordaehs said:
I say go for it. It looks good to me. I am assuming that the ram is dual channel, if not that'll hurt performance noticably. But, I'm certain that it IS dual channel- so go for it!

Yes it is dual channel sorry should have put that in the post as well cos i had to type out the specs as you can't copy them from the website :eek:

get the gigabyte k8nxp-sli.. It's cheaper and better

I can't - its either the normal SLI asus board or the deluxe so im going with the deluxe :)

I can't - its either the normal SLI asus board or the deluxe so im going with the deluxe

If you wait you could get the new Premium when ASUS finally releases it (the A8N SLi Premium- doesn't require the SLi selector card. You switch between SLi and single card mode via software.)

It sports other goodies and should outperform the older A8Ns, but we wont know till we have some reviews.

lol it doesn't really matter - the system will own for at least a year and while I save for upgrades it will be nice ;)

the system will own for at least a year

Yes, it will.

while I save for upgrades it will be nice

Yes, it most CERTAINLY will.

Keep an eye out on ATI's AMR technology and R520 for that next upgrade of yours. It'll be here before this upgrade, I assume- but that'll give you time to read reviews and determine if you want to stick with nVidia or ATI. So far the R520 will kill the 6800Ultra- atleast on paper it does.

Real world performance MAY say otherwise. Only TIME will tell.

Yes get the deluxe version for sure. I love my asus deluxe board, it has a lot of features, neat things like performance mode for the RAM which increased my 3dmark05 scores by about 200 points.
I have also had no stability issues with it whatsoever and it flashes very easily from within windows using asus's BIOS update utilility.

For the video card I would suggest against SLI. It is not worth the money. Save the money for the future and you can just upgrade to a more powerful card since even the cards put into SLI will be outddated just as fast I think.

I would get either a single 6800 GT, X800 XL, X850 XT, or 6800 Ultra. All 4 of those are nice cards. X850 XT is probably the best out of those. :)

My personal favorite:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-142-037&depa=1

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom