HL2s new HDR Filled level 'Lost Coast' to run on extreme machines only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius, I agree. :)

EDIT: We'll see what GeForce 7 brings (and whatever new line ATI are planning)... maybe it'll be back to a single GPU, which manages to whoop 2 dual-cored 6800 Ultras in SLI, who knows...

I'm sure hoping thats the case, no doubt it'd be a small fortune to pay for of course, but I'd rather them get back onto the single GPU track.

My opinion? SLI is a fad. it was like voodoo, it will die out eventually. Nvidia released it to keep their consumer's intereseted while they work on the geforce 7xxx series. ATI is developing their own SLI, but they released the X850 series 1st. interesting.

Yeah I'm hoping thats exactly the plan. I'm wanting it to die out ASAP :p

The x850 in my opinion was just a way for ATi to pull slightly ahead of nVidia in performance. Clever marketing scheme, that's all. Same can be said with SLI though, people are of course instantly gonna think "two cards! Double peformance here I come!" I think ATi saw nVidia's weakness in their time devoted to SLI and decided to focus on one single, high performing card (r520) before competing with nVidia's SLI. I dunno though, that's just my guess.

SLI is here to stay unfortunetely, it's gotten very widespread now with many different motherboard manufacturers supporting it in a variety of enviroments, and with ATi taking up arms against it now I don't think either company will back down with it.

And this engine will be something else, that's for sure, although I still haven't seen much of it apart from basically what it is. But still, anyone worried with a 6600GT about not being able to play it has NOTHING to fear, I don't think it'll be that intense (although at the same time I'd like it to be because then you know the graphics are gonna be orgasmic :p).

The guy said to be able to even play the level on lowest settings at 800x600 you'd have to wait until they invent a better card 5 years from now, that's how good it is................ :D

Perhaps another cleverly devised April Fools joke? :D

I hope my 9800 Pro can hold out until upgrade time. :(

The 9800pros have a device in them that is set to explode on a certain date forcing you to upgrade....believe it's coming up in a couple months

believe it's coming up in a couple months

Cute, real cute! ;)

Well, my next rig is gonna' be "Ultra High-End"- so I'm not too concerned. I'm thinking of dual R520s, or maybe dual 512mb Ultras. Not sure yet. With that new driver I may get two 512mb dual core ultra cards- for 4xUltras.

But that R520 REALLY looks promising, so does AMR.

I've already settled on the cpu- the A64 4200. Now it's just the mobo (chipset: nVidia {nForce4 SLi} or ATI's AMR chipset) and the two lucky vcards.

Hmm.....????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom