SLI/MVP Left in the Dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought you were talking about this one in particular ;) The Evan & Sutherlands simFUSION 6000 workstation uses up to four Radeon 9800 graphics processors. The most recent model, the 6500, uses four Radeon 9800XT cores. Don't guess it did very well... dual core GPU cards aren't new, the fury was a dual and also bombed...(ATI Rage Furx Maxx) and also the Volari V8 Duo. Got this stuff from Toms Hardware.

'course the above simFUSION didn't but SLI into one card, but still you could have 4 GPU working.

dual core GPU cards aren't new
Yeah I know, just like SLI, more money available to coorperations though and things have advanced so I guess it's easier for them to make it now or soemthing.

Either way though this multiple graphics cards and whatnot is getting ridiculous that 6800Ultra 3d1 is friggen HUGE....it's basically a motherboard in itself.

Why don't they just make a motherboard that's actually not a motherboard but graphics card that will mout a little bit above your CPU motherboard. Then the GPU Motherboard can have specially designed SODIMM looking GDDR3 modules so you can just upgrade your Vram in that!

At this current rate, hell they might as well just do that, might as well make it dual and quad socket GPU's so you can change out the GPUs and put more in.

Screw graphics cards, just make a whole other motherboard dedicated completely to graphics using a newly designed cabled to transfer data.

If the Dual GPU cards are "internal SLI" then I really doubt they would be able to do "SLI'd, internal SLI'd cards." it seems redundant to SLI an SLI to me. If they actually made a dual-gpu, non-SLI 6800... then they'd have something.
Then again, I don't know really how SLI works exactly.....

If the Dual GPU cards are "internal SLI" then I really doubt they would be able to do "SLI'd, internal SLI'd cards."
We've already discussed this. Read the article I linked above. They WILL be having dual GPU's workin in SLI for 4GPU's total, also they will be adding more than one PCI-E slot for multiple graphics cards in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom