SLI/MVP Left in the Dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah what stupid names 'Dual punch' named Rocky and Sugar ray, that's just the cheesiest crap I've ever heard.

But yeah back on topic...what you have to fear is when Nvidia releases that 6800Ultar 3d1 that will have two of those in SLI with 4 GPU's processing at the same...will be a beast no doubt, but once again I'm getting tired of this double the cards quadruple your price crap.

I wouldn't mind an overall good double GPU single card though, but what I really can't wait for is if they get this cell technology going and it's back to a regular old single GPU processor that wipes the floor with anything else

EDIT: All the pics aren't showing =/

DOUBLE EDIT: They start showing up on the 2nd page, but yeah the first few dont load. That's lame. From the first few benches it does look like a monster performer.. Good, I hope this kicks nvidia in the ass and gets em into gear....stupid SLI crap BAH! I say

Yeah, I read an article on anandtech a few weeks ago which went into great detail about the cell processor technology which seems exciting.

Here ya are. ;)
cardfront3jk.jpg

All the benchmarks show up which is really the only important thing, only the actual card pictures don't work.

Hey gaara.....that card is a fake...it's an April fools joke ;)

There is no such thing as an "ATI X800 Pro Ultra 2X" and that's a quote from the site

Jerks!

Awww, I was so happy I had actually found a reason to avoid SLI. :D

Oh well, you can trash this Nubius, don't wanna mislead anyone. ;)

You see that contest that they have at the end? Says they will be giving away 5 of those cards, just need to follow the clues...well I did it :p

You replace the xxxx's in the links with the following

1. 1998
2. Lounge
3. 12
4. April_Fool

;)

http://www.rojakpot.com/review/ATI/ATI_SLI/April_Fool.htm

There's the final link...and here I thought I was about to win a card up until I saw the final clue haha.

Oh well...we'll let people go to it anyway haha, that is the whole point of the thing...I'm sure half the people will miss this post of mine explaining what it's all about.

But yeah for a 2nd there I was becoming hardcore ATI advocate :p

actually, there is no dual 3d1 card (for a total of 4 GPU) setup. It lists it as SLI (internal) and is said to not support multiple card setups. To be honest, I thought the same thing when I saw the SLI support saying yes, then saw the internal only, looked further into it and found out that the SLI is supported only on the card, and it can't be hooked up with other cards for even more GPU power.

actually, there is no dual 3d1 card (for a total of 4 GPU) setup.
Not yet there isn't. Go to inquirer.net or .com can't remember which and Nvidia has future plans to allow two of those huge cards to work simultaneously for 4 GPUs at once...hence why I said it ;)

EDIT: Here it is:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22151

Mention of that monster card, PLUS it looks like they might even move to a board with multiple PCI-E slots for more than two graphics cards.....this crap is getting ridiculous. As I've said they need to quit just doubling or even now tripling up crap and focus on making one powerful single GPU.

As it is they are basically working on a card that won't be unveiled in about 2007 (Nvidia had been working on the 6800 since 2002, so they remain about 2 years ahead of actual releases) so perhaps they already are.

Anyway I like to believe this SLI crap is a phase...but with all the time and money they are spending in it who knows..

Heres an idea....how about they make a freakin card which can even utilize the PCI-E 16x bandwidth....

Lol, and that's the site gaara has been getting all his stuff. ;)
They had me fooled until I realized that it was an x800 pro. No way they would make a dual-gpu of an x800 pro. The 12 pipeline thing would still limit it's power. Isn't that right beedubya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom