1gig dual RAM Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
Hey I wonder if you could steer me in the right way, I'm looking to buy 1gig Dual Channel RAM and have no idea what to get.

My budget is £100ish and am looking for high performance gaming RAM, OC'ing quite possible.

www.zipzoomfly.com is a good site. They have 1 gig ram kits, which are two matched sticks. Crucial Technology, Kingston, Corsair, those are just some good brands. Check it out, you can get a nice kit for 100 to $150.

The reviews I heard about zipzoomfly is absolutely terrible. Never bought from them. And never will (and yes, they do ship to canada)..

The reviews I heard about zipzoomfly is absolutely terrible.
Well you're reading the wrong reviews then. I've ordered from them numerous times and not once have I ever had a problem. Everytime I've ordered something from them is because it was cheaper than neweggs too.

Aright, if my conversion is right, 100 pounds is about $150US....

That won't get you high performance gaming and high quality OC'ing RAM dude. You need $200+US for that.

However there is one exceptiong to that:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-218-062&depa=1

That's $108 us so that's gotta be well under 100pounds, BUT I know newegg doesn't ship outside the US and it isn't even in stock there, but if you can find that particular RAM you will have some good RAM...keep in mind though for awesome OC's it takes a good amount of voltage to the RAM and generally keeping a fan blowing down on the sticks to keep it cool is advised

ZipZoomFly is awesome, I order from them more then NewEgg.

They have a lot of stuff on free shipping.

ApM said:
Them's they one's I was thinking about purchasing soon as I sell this RAM stick the one I've got in my computer - 512RAM Samsung PC2700 going for cheap with Blue Heatspreaders on ;).

PC2700 Peformance ram still wont do better than a value stick of PC3200, good luck trying to sell it.

How about you get 2x256mb sticks. Then you should be able to push high performance RAM, with a few extra dollars. For thats great for OC and in general. I suggest OCZ Platinum rev, or G Skill (TCCD).

Who says the RAM is going to be towards Performance?

People may be considering buying new RAM but don't want the "expensive stuff" un-yet still highly efficent and somewhat still a performance stick.

And thats where I come in.

Qualitity and Performance at a cheap price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom