Problem with building PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatsiebfc

Beta member
Ok well basically I gathered all the parts together to build a PC, I am pretty certain they are all compatible with each other. So I fitted them all together and switched on.

I am using a hard drive that has previously been used and so has data on it. I was asked whether to boot in safe mode, last good known config or start wondows normally. I tried all these options and with each the PC restarted itself.

I then got my Windows XP disc to reformat the hard drive and when I switched on there was no display with the monitor. It made the correct sounds and even the monitor showed a green light but there was no display. With a little bit of messing with the leads in the case, eg switching which way round the POWER LED was, which way the POWER HDD was and so on I got it to start up again. But this time it crashed on the ASUS Motherboard screen and then again on the "start windows normally, "safe mode" etc screen.

Can anybody help? The only thing I can think is overheating but I have no experience of building PC's so dont really know.

Thanks for any feedback.

For a start: Format that harddrive, the drivers will confilct with the hardware.

When you turn it on next, go into the bios, and tell us the temperature it reads, to eliminate overheating.

also reseat the ram. maybe clear cmos.

Yeah, it sounds like conflicting drivers. Try a fresh install of windows- even repartition the drive aswell.

Then see how it works.

Did you attempt to oc at all?

Yeah, I got it to 227*9 which is 2043, then found out that conterstrike didn't load, and I couldn't get it to load until I put it back to 204*9 (default)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom