HL2s new HDR Filled level 'Lost Coast' to run on extreme machines only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I'm sure a few of you might have seen this, I linked to an article regarding it the other week. HL2 will be giving out a new level for download featuring HDR with is a new lighting technique implimented in the game. I just watched the preview video of it on 'Attack of the Show' on G4 tech TV and it indeed looks very cool.

The guy Doug lombardi said basically that level is going to be meant exlucively on high end machines....I hope that if I get a 6800GT that will be able to play it good on this socket A machine, but still that's pretty crazy.

Anyone with FX series or ATI's 9xxx series might be left in the dark lol

Ravin - I saw the video on TV...don't know if they have a link to it

No I couldn't, I don't have the VIVO version. I will probably have to either get a 6800 GT, or upgrade when the new cards come out.

*EDIT* I will be VERY suprised if this X800 Pro actually runs it and does a good job of it, being as its failed me continually since I bought it.

Who knows really, he says 'high end machines' soooo I'm not exactly sure if that means like FX-55 with 6800Ultras in SLI in his mind, or just like an overall good machine with a 6800GT or equivelant which is still a pretty high demand. Also when that level is downloaded it'll update HL2 with some HDR added into it.

Well high end machines would probly just be like this gen stuff.. i hope ill be able to run it with a 6600GT... just to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom