IT Technician tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman

Solid State Member
Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I wanted to start out by asking the tools you have in your tool bag. I'm not asking about software diagnostic tools, but physical tools such as screw drivers, soldering irons, wire testers, etc.

What do you have that you can't live without? What little thing do you rarely need, but when you do need it, it saves your ass? What can no technician do without?

Also, if you have a good source to get decent tools and things such as wire testers and tone generators cheap, let me know.

Thanks.

demagnatized screwdrivers.
tweezers
anti-static wristband
multimeter

I have more, but those are what I use mainly, the others barely get touched.

opticalsky said:
demagnatized screwdrivers.
tweezers
anti-static wristband
multimeter

I have more, but those are what I use mainly, the others barely get touched.
pretty much the same but I like the soldering iron, I want to get a drummel as well

Not sure what it is exactly called, but it is for co-axial cable. it is for screwing the ends onto the connectors. it is for screwing on the connector once it isi attached to the cable. It looks likd of like a screw driver but has a 3/4 in socket type end on it with part of the side cut out to allow for the cable to come through the side. I'll post a link later. can't find it now. They are $17 at Home Depot. It really saves your fingers when you are screwing in a lot of these connectors.

I also have cat 5 cable strippers and co-axial cable strippers. These are life savers.

screwdrivers
tweezers
pliers
Dremel
pinching thingy for tight spaces
spare parts
hammer (hehehe)

Mike Grahek said:
Not sure what it is exactly called, but it is for co-axial cable. it is for screwing the ends onto the connectors. it is for screwing on the connector once it isi attached to the cable. It looks likd of like a screw driver but has a 3/4 in socket type end on it with part of the side cut out to allow for the cable to come through the side. I'll post a link later. can't find it now. They are $17 at Home Depot. It really saves your fingers when you are screwing in a lot of these connectors.

I also have cat 5 cable strippers and co-axial cable strippers. These are life savers.

Here is the tool that I was talking about. A life saver on the fingers!

6FS170.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom