dual fan PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage

Baseband Member
i see some PSUs with two exhaust fans - one at the end and another inside sucking more air.

is it safe for me to add another fan in my PSU?

i plan to splice the wire from the original fan and connect the new fan there -red:red ; black:black.

OR

solder the new fan to the contacts where the original fan is soldered.

also do i have to be concerned if im adding a fan smaller than the 80mm chassis fan?i dont think theres enough space in my PSU to add such size.im looking at adding a 40(?)mm fan.

thanks guys!

well personally, i would not be splicing any of the wires inside the PSU and ading a fan. mainly because know nothing about what to do in these instances. So if you are newbie when it comes to stuff like that like me, ewll stay away. hehe :p

well thanks for the advice,ches. :)
well ive had a limited electronics experience.

i was just concerned regarding any effects that it can have on the PSU.

:)

if u have a extra power supply, try it on that first, its fun to try out new things, just be sure to have rubber gloves on when u turn on the power switch ;)

yup!its fun trying out new things.
thats why i get so interested in stuffs like these.
im relatively new to the computer world.

well since opening your PSU voids it warranty, I wouldnt suggest it. Plus, the wires inside the PSU hold a ton of charge, so you must be VERY careful if you go through with it.

just buy a psu with a fan inside on the bottom and one on the back (you want one on the bottom inside so it draws the air over the processor then through the psu)

Take a case fan and glue/tape it to the psu. There is a vent on your psu inside your case. Just affix the fan to that. It'll do the same thing. won't be pretty, but if you don't have a window in your case, who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom