drive bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe only difference of a internal and external drive is that the drive itself is located outside of the case, whereas internal drives are drives found inside the case.

To answer your question yes it will work.

so think of it this way...external meaning that you have physical access to the drive itself from outside of the case without opening it, internal drives you don't you will never find an internal cd/dvd drive that is internal anyways.

Well that was kinda self explanitory but if it was external which it says on the case what is the drive I put up an external? but that is in the case. I'm lost.

this where I can see gets confusing, basically the answer for you is to buy an internal drive, and when you place it in your system, it will have external access.

ok so it sets inside but you can open it from the outside I get it now but that is what I was thinking. Just making sure because I'm buying that case and now I'm gonna end up getting it I wanna make sure everytyhing is compatible. I don't have that Dvd Drive but I have one that uses the same concept.

Internal drives are 3 1/2" drive bays used for hard drives and anything else you could fit in them. External drive bays are both 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" sizes. The smaller is used for floppy drives and other accessories you need access to such as fan controllers. 5 1/4" bays are used for optical drives, or in laymens terms CD/DVD drives. Fan controllers and other accessories can fit in these as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom