Alienware laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
*A little off topic*

Alienware are 'supposed' to be great. I've got an Aurora desktop on order right now. The only thing I can say about Alienware so far is that they are slow as heck. REAL SLOW. Their customer service leaves alot to be desired as well. As of now my opinion of them is pretty low, but that could all change.......................if they are lucky.

Well that guide is not quite fair. They only bench it on Doom 3 and 3dmark05 on purpose so that the card will look better. Notebook vid cards will handle well in synthetic demos like that but in real-world gaming they don't handle nearly as well.
Furthermore, that x800 is an x800 xt pci-e, which isn't as powerful as my x800 xt pe. I have heard Dell makes much better laptops than they do desktops though.

diabloII said:
alienware desktops takes weeks to ship, you should know that

Your right, but here's the thing. My order has been in thier hands for two weeks with next to no progress. They did however manage to overcharge my credit card....................and that part they did VERY quick. Ohwell, as long as the comp gets here and is great.................I'll be happy.

TonCrafter said:
Your right, but here's the thing. My order has been in thier hands for two weeks with next to no progress. They did however manage to overcharge my credit card....................and that part they did VERY quick. Ohwell, as long as the comp gets here and is great.................I'll be happy.

call them up, they usually don't update a lot unless you call them

dale5605 said:
I have heard Dell makes much better laptops than they do desktops though.

they do. their desktops suck, but their laptops are really nice. the xps2's video card is equal to or more powerful than many desktop cards.

a good alternative to alienware is sager. the sager 9860 is the exact same thing (just different body) as the alienware 7700.

www.pctorque.com

dale5605 said:
Dell = :(
Alienware = :)

Diablo I would like to see that 6800go ultra beat my video card in anything. Not going to happen.
wow dude ati sucks because of there prices but I would like to get the x800 xl but too much other then that Alienware is greater then dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom