Help Me Find a Good MOBO! Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, here's the deal. I have a Dell Dimension 8300, that i've added a ton of stuff too. But, i'm just bored with the case and want to jazz up the PC a bit. I'd also like to OC the P4 3.4GHz Prescott S-478. But, I don't wanna do it with the DELL (crap) MOBO. So here's what I need to do. I Already ordered a new CASE & POWER SUPPLY.

Case is a RAIDMAX Samurai XE Black - LOL yes it's an Alienware ripp-off case, who cares it's freakin' sweet. And the PSU is a OCZ PowerStream 600W. I just got a new "Zalman 7000 w/LED" that i haven't installed yet and now i'm going to wait. But, now all i need is a good MOBO to complete this rebuild.

I already have:
P4 3.4GHZ Prescott S-478
2 Seagate Barracuda 250GIG SATA w/NCQ
4 x 512 CORSAIR XMS DDR400 PC3200
Sapphire Radeon X800XT PE AGP 8x
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
DVD-ROM 16x
HP-DVD w/lightscribe

So, please give me your best suggestions on a MOBO for this CPU and Socket, also a MOBO that is OCing friendly if possible.

Budget for MOBO "$150.00"

You're asking the wrong question...

Intel writes the chipsets for it's motherboard, and unfortunatly for them they suck at it.

The question you should ask is, what is the model with the smallest fail rate on the 478 chipsets.

I've had semi-good luck with the Asus (i cant believe im recommending them) p4c800

Next time, buy amd =/

There are two boards I think you should probably check out

SOYO "SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 V1.0" 865PE Chipset Motherboard

ABIT "IC7-G MAXII ADVANCE" i875P Chipset Motherboard

Both boards can be found on newegg, I would personally probably lean towards the Abit board because of reviews stating very nice overclock options, but it also has a price tag of 140.50 also newegg has a special going on until the 4th of april all shipping is free or .99 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom