Need p4 or amd comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's on a tight budget and I basically built all of the components around the x850xt, so that's why I ended up with stuff like that. :rolleyes:

But if he isn't planning on overclocking I think that mobo will do fine. It will get the job done, it supports SATA and RAID and will hold 3 DIMM's for 1.5GB which is plenty of RAM at 2.5 CAS. Good deal I think.

That AMD64 2800 is kinda weak.
Also that RAM is outta stock. And it wont run it dual channel since you can only run RAM in dual channel either 2 sticks or 4. Even numbers

I would stick with an Intel Setup.

Well for gaming, AMD is the best choice period. It seems uzi9mm is just pushing Intel because he favors them. But thats not the kind of help he needs..... Sure that Intel is good, but its AMD competitor. Witch will be in the same price range, would perform better in games. Thats the bottom line. Now if your task consisted of 3D Rendering or Encoding, that Intel would work alot better then its AMD competitor. I suggest a AMD64 3200 or 3400.

Well I don't think the mobo I suggested supports dual-channel, and I didn't catch that the RAM went out ot stock. It was in stock just this morning I will have you know.

amd 3200+ socket 939 $190
DFI lanparty ultra nf4 $155
eVGA 6600gt pci-e $179
Dual channel 1 gig of ram approx $115
Antec true blue 350w $60
80gig sata hdd $60
Some fans and round cables $40

total cost $799 wow i guessed pretty close huh

He already has a power supply and case. And that will do alright but I think an x850xt will be MUCH better for gaming than a 6600 gt will.

^^ that pc would perform about the same in games as mine and I spent over £800 so far, which is a couple dollars under $1600 :angry:

I would go for that one if I was you, It would be a better system thatn the x850 one before.

Also there is no point in getting 1.5gb of ram, especially when the pc is lacking in other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom