New monitor and DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i just finished building my computer 2 weeks ago and i'm currently waiting for my mobo to return (monarch said approx 2 weeks :()

so with a new comp means a new monitor, since someone else will be using my old comp

i was wondering what you guys suggest for a new monitor (preferably LCD, since i don't want to take up a lot of desk space and also DVI as well)

btw i will be playing games (currently only cs:s, but probably battlefield 2 and CoD 2 when they come out)

and what is DVI? will it make the picture quality better? i'd like to utilize this digital video interface thing (that's what dvi stands for..right?)

and also, how do crt's compare to lcd's?

thx

edit:
http://www.epinions.com/pr-Monitors...1R_15_in_Display_SDM_S51R/display_~full_specs

current monitor (suprisingly, i don't notice any ghosting)
features a spetacular 300:1 and 30ms response
:p

CRT's have a sharper picture, usually. But they give off a lot of heat, and take up a lot of room.

DVI is definately the way to go if you get an LCD.

Remember, bigger is better. And that goes for a lot more than just MONITOR size.

"Monitriks..."

Luckily monitors donÂ’t have those ridiculous problems that they used to with FPS, so thereÂ’s a clear advantage with LCDs. HereÂ’s a good LCD monitor:

Dell UltraSharp 1703FP

Shure dell sucks n' everything, but they still make good monitors. Evern their old ones. :cool:

yea, i'm looking at dells right now (but i can't find their response rate)

oh btw ati, is there any other way i can send the roms to u other than email?

The only thing I noticed about LCDs it that they don't do as well with dark scenes (in games or dvds) as CRTs. That is, I have trouble distinguishing a dark gray thing moving in a darker black background. The slow screen refresh, which caused ghosting is a thing of the past though. You can still get a monitor with a dead pixel or two and the manufacturer will not let you return it for that reason alone. Each manufacturer has a different dead pixel policy. You should know what it is before you buy it.

personally i'd pass on the 25 ms monitors

what do you guys think about dvi? how'd it different from regular LCD's quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom