Weird keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicity_27

The Angriest of Amoebas
Well, I got home from work last night, to hear my mom telling me that the keyboard on the computer won't work. So I go turn the computer on, I see that it has power (the mouse is plugged into the keyboard). Only thing is, it won't type. Right when I start the computer, I can type, when I go into safe mode, I can type. When I log on normally, I can't type. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong, or should I just reformat the hard drive, and redownload everything?

so you can type your log on info, but when it logs you on and gets to the desktop... nothing at all? Does the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock keys light turn on and off if pressed? Did you check DM for duplicate interface devices or unknown devices? disconnect the mouse from the keyboard and try it then try it straight into the computer? go into safe mode and reinstall mbd chipset drivers? check the start up group in msconfig? disconnect all other USB devices?

The num lock key lights up until I get to the Windows screen. I've already tried plugging my mouse directly into my computer. I aso swiched where I have mykeyboard plugged into. I just reformated my harddrive and it still doesn't work. I'm typing all of this with the onscreen keyboard. If I would have another keyboard to try, I' have tried it already. Anyone else have suggestions?

well, if you know your way around system files and have the os cd, then go into safe mode and into DM and delete the PCI bridge and reboot. It will redetect everything. Also, before doing this check the bios and disable/re-enable USB. Also, may want to (if plugged in back) enable the front USB ports in the bios (if you have front panel USB) and plug it in there to see if that works. Also, if you're using a keyboard cable extension or anything between you and the system, remove it and have NOTHING in between the kbd and the system. No extenders, USB hubs, or anything.

Go into Device Manager and look for any problems with your keyboard. Also check for any conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom