Best Gaming Rig : Just Under $6,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, so here is my wishlist of parts to buy at newegg.com.

Case: RAIDMAX Samurai XE Black ATX (see pic below) - $115.49
Power Supply: OCZ PowerStream 600W - $213.00
CPU: AMD ATHLON 64 FX-55 OEM - $827.00
CPU COOLING: ZALMAN all copper 7700 - $52.99
MOBO: DFI"Lanparty" NF4 SLI-DR" - $215.00
RAM: OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Platinum Edition DDR400 PC3200 4GB(4x1GIG) - $776.00
Harddrives: (2) WD Raptor 74GB 10,000rpms SATA in RAID 0 - $350.00
Addtional Storage: SEAGATE 400GB 7,200rpms SATA w/NCQ - $339.00
Optical Drive 1: SAMSUNG 16x DVD Black - $26.00
Optical Drive 2: HP DVD640z Burner w/Lightscribe - $89.00
Floppy / Media Reader: MITSUMI 6in1 Media Card Reader with 3.5 Floppy Drive - $32.00
SLI Video Cards: (2) EVGA NVIDIA Geforce 6800 Ultras SLI - $998.00
Audio Card: CREATIVE SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Limited Edition - $113.00
Monitor: SONY SDM-P234 23" Wide Screen LCD - $1,642.00
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech LX700 Wireless - $59.00

Grand Total: $5989.43 (Without Shipping & Handling)
my_system01.jpg

It doesn't get much better than this right now. But, in the next 6 months this might be middle of the road... LOL

Oh wow....

*drool*

No, this won't be midrange in 6 months. But you could probably get it a lot cheaper....are you actually getting this?

4gb of RAM lol, that's complete overkill. 1gb is more than enough especially with an FX-55 you could OC them beasts to some high HTT's

That's like borderline server machine lol.

Yeah lol, way overkill lol. That case is another Alienware ripp off homie. First off, screw all that RAM, just get a Gig. Then screw the SLI, just one 6800 Ultra. Then get dual 15000rpm SCSI HDD, running on raid0. Then a dangerden system, so you can use that system at 3.2ghz.

*drools*

shit im gonna have to clean the carpet

Ok well i really want that but i would change the ram to g.skill pc4400 and i would get at least water cooling and probebly phase so i could oc that FX-55

I'm pretty sure he's not actually considering ordering these guys...just an update from that last 'Gaming machine' thread.

Be nice though to have that kind of cash to actually buy that stuff.

Alienware rip off case? Oh, i'm sorry... It's an alienware rip off case... MY BAD.

(4) GIG isn't needed, i know... I just threw it all in there just to max this thing out to see what the total price would be...

No i'm not going to order this thing... I wish... Just having numerical fun.

Nubius, you got that rite. When i built my next computer, im going to get the newest FX. Just the power of that processor, with just a little tweaking. It can lead any benchmark.

That's almost like the 8 gigs of ram for the top of the line apple...which dual heads 30 inch screens....that's a lot of space...

But as everyone says...15000 for a computer...and you can't play half-life or doom 3....

Nice computer...i just got a new one.

I wonder...if i was to buy that...i wouldn't go SLI...and only 2 gigs of RAM...

Apparently SLI has some issues still. And although that heatsink kicks large quanitites of a**, it is dangerously heaviny and that computer should not be moved with anything less then extreme care. And with that kind of a rig, one would have to show it off at LAN parties...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom