What do you use to cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my laptop's fan has been acting up so now i use an Ace ice pack underneath to stop it from shutting itself off =)

Yes, cooler = more potential for speed, in the form of overclocking, and not killing your processor from heat.
(heat = death, death = bad performance :D :D :D :D)

Wow you are really pushing it with that 1.9v there.
Nah lol, it's still good and cool. lol, 2.7GHz would need like 1.975vcore, now THATs too much for my liking for 24/7

You're right, my years of electronic theory and professors who taught it all to me are wrong.
Yeah you and they are the way you're trying to explain it. Yes the more heat would add to resistance, but this isn't noticeable in terms of performance in processors dude, until they are so hot that the heat is literally crippling them. Run any kind of benchmarks you want and you won't see any kind of PERFORMANCE difference. Performance being the key word.

If you want to get to the molecular level, uhh then yeah, the electrons move better through cooler temps, but even then, nothing would be able to measure it between 10C and 60C. And at the molecular level 'performance' really isn't even an issue.

The way you and the other guy are trying to present it is "You keep your CPU cooler it'll run faster" thats what performance means in computing standards.

Congrats on the 6k+ posts.
I need the :toast: icon, next stop 7k! :p

I use just plain old air. No aftermarket hsf, because my mobo has a built-in athlon-m 1400, so it has no socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom