6600gt 128 vs 6600gt 256

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, 256MB doesn't mean anything. You can have a GeForce FX 5200 256MB, and your games will run like total crap. 256MB on the 6600GT is marketing hype to attract the noobs who think 256MB is so much better.

Give me a piece of hardware, and I'll find you a reason where it will be superior. But, unfortunately, such scenarios don't happen "often" in real life!. So, while a persistent person will be able to find uses for the 256MB, "typically" the extra memory is no use. I guess, the computational capacity of the 6600GT plays a big factor. Come back in 10 years, and the optimal memory (to go with the corresponding vid card processing power) will probably be like 16 GB :)..

Personaly I beleive that if people have the money to buy GPU's with 256Mb or VRAM they would be better off buying the 128Mb version of the card above.

Basicaly because of the better chipset the card has and 128Mb is usualy more than enough for most games. If not, just buy some extra system RAM, which will also aid the performace of your PC overall.

W00T !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom