athlon 2200xp o/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammoboss

Solid State Member
hi all i just bought a cheap :) xp 2200.

My motherboard is a soltek SL-75kav and it has a built in redstorm o/c in the bios, at present i let it automatically o/c and its stopped at 2.3xp (1906mhz) the cpu temp is 32oC, does any1 know the maximum i should be able to o/c it manually?

im suprised its still a low temprature due to me using a slower quieter "arctic copper silent 2" cpu fan...

well damn, i have mine running at 2.2ghz and it's a freakin 1800+ t-bred. with retail heatsink/fan. you should be able to get it higher than that i'd think. mine is still quite stable also. just play around with it, what's the fsb on it? 333mhz, that means the external clock frequency is 166mhz. you can leave that. or change both the external clock frequency and the multiplier in increments

i've got my 2500 barton running at 2.1/400fsb with only a few oC difference in temp... stock is 1.83 in case you don't know.. i'll be getting a hsf within 2 weeks from now, and i'll give a shot at the wonderful 3.0ghz.. j/k hehe i wanna go for a stable 2.4 system though

My motherboard is a soltek SL-75kav and it has a built in redstorm o/c in the bios

I have this same motherboard in my personal machine. i only have a 1.2 athlon in it now and that red storm crap barely works. it did the 1.2 to a 1.23. BUT i bought a 2600 xp today. When it comes in i will try it with the red storm and post my results but i imagine that i will have to do it manually. You should do like some of the previous posts and try bumping up the speed manually. I think the red storm is well underrated. Soltek probably thought it would be cool marketing tool (integrated overclocking) but they probably play it real safe and do not let you go to far. so people dont fry their processors and blame soltek. You can get more by manually overclocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom