AMD 3500+ Winchester vs. 3800+ Newcastle

Where are you from ? (The Somewhere Else Version)

• Europe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia

• Ociania

• Africa

• Middle East

• Somewhere else

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with the newer core, the winchester, because it uses less power and is cooler and still runs fast.

dale5605 said:
I would go with the newer core, the winchester, because it uses less power and is cooler and still runs fast.

Agreed, was going to say the samething

I would choose the 3500+ over the 3800+ easily any day. They will perform nearly on par with one another and a 3500+ can easily surpass a 3800+ with the right know how.

The 3500+ is a good chip, if you want more performance, pick a 4000+, double the cache plus increased clock speed will make boast performance a lot.

Basically, more performance, go with the 4000+. Better value is the 3500+ hands down.

OK, sorry to bring this one up again...
NewEgg does not carry the retail 3500+ Wini, but they do have the retail 3800+.
I want the warranty that retails have, please don't question this logic!

Yan

Cody said:
Agreed, was going to say the samething

OK, here is why I want to know about this, is because I don't think now is a good time to buy into the top of the line AMD's.
My rig is going to be top of the line, except for the CPU at the moment, power supply is HUGE, 680 watts, power is not an issue, and I will probably be going with water cooling (see post I am about to post!).

Yan

If you plan on water cooling, I assume you also plan on overclocking, otherwise it would be a pretty silly investment unless noise is really a problem for you. Therefore, retail versions and their silly warranties become useless as overclocking voids you warranty anyways.

Also, a 680watt PSU is a bit overboard in my opinion, unless you're running like 6+ drives with two video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom