Good Lord!!! The 6800 Ultra 3d1!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, my crappy 30 dollor case could fit it. U.... thats 6800 ultra in sli, how much does that cost like a grand, 1500? Now when are they gonna put a port on it so people can run quad gpu's.....

What kind of computer do you want with your video card? ok enough jokes.

:eek:

That. Is. A. Big. Graphics card.

Bet it costs the same as (or more than) 2 single 6800 U's though...

That card should have it's own case. Almost like an external video card.
You could simply plug an adapter card into your PCIx on your mobo that would have a cable connecting the PCIx Adapter through one of the rear slots and out to the "External Video Card Case" which would likely sit on top or next to your PC case. Hmmm?

I wonder....

Here is another pic:

3d1.jpg

You think that card pictured would be LESS of a PITA??? Wow, you've definitely got some unique opinions then!
yes it would be a less PITAa, it's one single card with all the electronics built into it already. SLI is a big pain and tons of buggy issues as it is, One card would make it easier....yes it's big, but what's the big pain about putting a big card into a slot?

Probably no less than 2 regular Ultras in SLI, two PCI-E connectors on this one, but now if you were to use 2 of those monsters for 4 GPU's total (and yes I just read an article about how nvidia WILL be making boards to allow two boards with two GPU's in it to work in SLI) then that'd be 4 PCI-E power connectors...yeesh man, at this rate 1000w PSU's are right around the corner.

Yeah.... it is.

It will be awesomeness to the max, but it will be hella expensive and I think I'd rather just stick with one card. And prefrebly not a special motherboard for it either. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom