USB hub crashing on print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT_Wiz

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

First time posting so go easy please,

The situation is this. I came across a situation where somebody had a cheap USB 4 port hub connected to there onboard usb via a usb cable (duh). Anyways, connected to the hub is a printer and a graphics tablet. When the person prints a document the hub lights will turn off and the document will not print. Then a couple of hours later the printer will spit out the required pages.

When the printer is plugged directly into the computer via onboard USB the problem does not occur.

I am wondering whether the hub is infact not 'good' enough to have a printer connected to it and have not a clue what to do to solve the situation.

The computer is running Windows XP pro.

..any assistance appreciated..

thanks for the reply,

I have tryed diffrent ports on the hub and same issue. I have also tryed the same device on another USB hub with the same issue.

then its defenantly a incompatibility with the device and usb hubs in general. guess your looking into another usb pci card (if you have none spare)

thats what I thought. I'm currently trying to find out whether its just one of those issues that sometimes will arise when using a USB hub. I hope I can come to some kind of solution.

Thanks Anyways.

i did think the whole issue was occuring because it was running an athlon processor .... but ... ;)

i did think the whole issue was occuring because it was running an athlon processor .... but

General incompatibilities like your hub screwing up does not matter what processor platform you use. Some cases might be the motherboard, some cases it might be the hub or devices, but the processor has nothing to do with it.

thanks for your help, im sure u realised i was taking the mickey since you look to be an athlon fanboy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom