Stumped... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
Alright... this one got me. I ordered some new case fans from Xoxide. Installed them last night... NO problem. System booted back up no issues. Found that I had one installed as intake vice exhaust like I wanted. Shut down and turned it around. Then as an experiment, I put the side door fan into my sysfan slot and turned on the confuser. NOTHING!!!! Mobo gets no power. I checked all the connections, took the new fans out of the equation, even tried my old 250W PS. Still nothing. My current PS is still good, tried that on my other confuser...

Now I will admit (Don't like it, but...) I didn't ground myself before going into the rig... I didn't think about it since, I didn't even touch the board. I've done most of the usual things, and now I'm stumped. I'm hoping that sitting all day while I'm at work will cause a discharge and by some miracle it will work when I get home.. :p

Any other suggestionsx that I may not have thought of?

Craig

waynejkruse10 said:
try reseating the mobo and everything (that fixed a computer that didnt have any power for me)

I was going to try that tonight when I got home, if it still was the same. I'm hoping that it will fix it. I just got this thing together and running, and now I blow the mobo... But hey, I guess you have to have some set backs in order to leap forward right? :)

Craig

I know this is super-simple, but sometimes its the simple stuff that is overlooked:

-Make sure the comp is plugged in to a working wall socket.
-Make sure the PSU switch is turned on
-Make sure the PSU's voltage is set right (110V/220V)
-Make sure the power switch on the front of the case is plugged into the mobo

Make sure one of the pins on the connection dont slide out and touch the case causing the PSU to trip.... That happened a lot with one of my fans till i started some cutting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom