Wierd computer happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.

INGSOC

Beta member
Ok, I just bought a 16x dual layer dvdrw drive and ever since I installed it (2 days ago) my computer will only work when it is horizontal (on its side). If it is vertical, it does not function. If i move it from horizontal to vertical while it is on, I can hear something (presumably the hard drive) sound like it is shutting off and when it returns to a horizontal position I can hear it come back. Do you know what is wrong/what I should do?

Yeah, that is what I am doing now, but it takes up too much space horizontal. I really need a way to fix this problem. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

i don't know, one of my friends has sort of the same problem. his computer will turn on ONLY when its on its side. it started this when he got a mobo, CPU, and RAM change. BTW, he has: MSI K8T neo2-FSR, Athlon 64 2800+ (S754), and 512MB PC-3200 DDR.

Try unplugging everything and plugging it back in. It sounds like a loose connection.

Or it could be one of those security tilt switch things on the motherboard.

Take out everything from your case. Clean it out of dust. Shake your psu and make sure there is no loose objects in there (if there is, open up your psu and take it out), put the psu, mobo and everything back in and try it. I had a computer that wouldnt turn on (no picture) so i re-seated everything and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom