Badsectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

azeem

Beta member
dear user

i have a problem.I have a 40 gb hdd of seagate company. i have made five partitions on it. Out of 5 partiitions, i have 3 partitions worling and 2 partitions are not working. the two partitions have developed some bad sectors . Plz tell me the way of getting my data from those partitions bcoz i dont want to format ny hdd. Plz reply me as fast as u can on azeem_144@hotmail.com or reply on this board. Thanks in advance

if you can't read them in the OS or from dos, then they are gone. There are several tools that you can try from ontrack, but I don't think they will be of much use to you. You can try doing a checkdisk to see if it will help.
Best of luck to you...

yes i cant access the partition from windows is there aany solution available there plz reply

Try maybe Partition Magic. Maybe it's just allocated space, but then again, you said it had some bad sectors. Maybe buy a new HD and copy everything from the old HD to the new HD?

ive used spinrite, www.grc.com its supposed to be one of the best for recovering and maintaining hdds, im happy with it, takes forever tho. over a day on 60 gigs doing a full inspection and rewriting all data twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom