r520 core to boast 32 "pipeline" performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the next card I get lasts me longer than my X800 Pro did (as far as maxing out games), I only had my X800 2 months when Doom 3 came out and was already totally regretting having bought it.

As for the 6800 series, it is still very good and will still be likely for another year or so to come, before it shows any sign of struggling.

Yeah, if I do this step up crap and go to the 6800GT it's going to HAVE to last me atleast a year if not more. I figure it will be able to for quite some time unless games just get ridiculously intensive. I suspect though it will take a couple years or more before the 6800's become crap cards where they can barely handle medium settings

Yeah definitely sounds like ATI will produce a monster no doubt. But of course being partial to nvidia and the fact I've heard nothing of their future plans, it makes me wonder if they are getting ready to unveil something ridiculous lol

6800 will pwn every game you throw at it most likely until Unreal Engine 3 is released in 2006, which will be too much for the 6800 to handle at high settings. I don't know if the X800 series will even be able to play Unreal 3 at all.

NVidia is keeping their card a big secret.
Only thing I heard new from NVidia was that SLI can use two actual processors on one card to equal 4 cores. Then I heard that both ATI and NVidia working on double cores which will give 8 Cores in double processor + double core.

I wonder when the graphic market will reach its peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom