Bad...*BAD*... motherboard. Yes, ECS it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
My motherboard, a KV2 Extreme via K8T800 chipset...well! It has been fun. I ordered these all from Newegg.com:

-ordered the motherboard
-installed it, all worked except some bios readings and an ethernet adapter [has 2 built in]
-ordered replacement
-installed it, Dead On Arrival (DOA)
-ordered another replacement and sent back the first replacement
-installed it, *beep beep*...memory problem, took out 1x of the 512mb corsair, it worked. it booted up to the windows screen *reset...over and over. made sure bios was latest [which it was], re-flashed it, did not help
-and now is where i am now, lol

I should've listened to people about ECS...! But what I'm wondering is... so far my luck is 1 partially working boards to 2 junk boards. I'm willing to stick with the partially working [only probs are bios readings and 1 ethernet adapter doesn't work], but do you think this will lead to what the other two are doing in the future? [Within 2 years, the least I plan to have this computer].

Very annoying. I'm sure newegg agrees. The manufacturer is a complete dumbarse too, they won't even warrent their own items--they say it's newegg's job [luckily they said since mfg won't they will].....

fun times:)

go go ECS! never...again.

I stay with Intel, Gigabyte, or Biostar products when it comes to motherboards. You got lucky. I would buy a new board RMA'd or not.

I would totally tell people to stay away from ECS.... FAR away from it! I used to work at a computer repair shop, and, for some reason, all they sold was Jetway boards. As some of you may know, Jetway and ECS are the same company. My first Jetway, died within a few days. Luckily i could bring it back. The shop had several returns on that same board... With the same problem. So now I got this other Jetway, that I dont have the money to repolace yet. This board is crap. If you notice in my signature, it says that I hace a gig of Dual Channel running at DDR333. It says it is wrong, and it is. It should be running at DDR400, for that is what the RAM says. I know it is wrong, and is not the RAM, because I already sent back old ram that I had with the same problem and the new ram still says the same thing. It is the board, since the board says that RAM runs at DDR400.

Intel recommends ASUS boards over their own... What hoes that tell ya? If you can afford it, get an ASUS. They malke some of the best hardware available.

majistic said:
I have the ECS KT-600A going in my new machine.

I would totally recommend getting a new board, if it is in your budget.

Heh heh good to know...!

Now...do you think the odds of this one failing in the near future (2 years--time to get a new one anyway)?:p If not, I think I'll live until then. To much of a PITA to change! Getting three duds in a row...really sucks.

Just got an ECS 915P-A about a month ago. Runs great, although I don't know what that means about two years from now. I had no idea ECS has had so many problems with motherboard failure. I hope mine doesn't die like the rest of them...

Yeah--my original PC had a K7S5A or something like that... worked great for two years, then it just bit the dust. I don't know what I was thinking going for ECS again... I guess I expected them to at least work for two years--never had a problem with my first one before! Maybe... that is why the price of this motherboard with it's features were a bit cheaper than others such as MSI and ASUS. Hmm!

Oh well... I'll hope it lasts, then... NEVER ecs again, hehe:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom