Just got my Tax return : Should I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I jsut have a fetish with things that are more beastly.

I don't think I would have admitted that here...

====================================

Havok,

Go for the PC, man. You can always take a weekend in the mountains for a quick getaway, but computer hardware is forever (until the next upgrade).

Why dont you get a Abit mobo...? Plunty support AGP, i also have the X800 XT PE, with a 4000. Im running a Abit AV8 3RD EYE.

Nubius I have that PSU, you don't need that much power, trust me. I suggested the Powerstream because it is cheaper plus it has adjustable rails which is a very nice feature. It also has green LEDs. I guess it depends on your personal preference though. And the 3 +12V rails on the thermaltake aren't really necessary either. I almost wish I hadn't spent so much on this power supply. It's really nice but I don't think I need that much power.

Aren't necessary now, but you don't want to get a PSU that just barely is enough for your current system. That 680w will guarantee him a PSU that will last for a long ass time

Go with the PC

Honestly, vacations are good, but get the PC and 50$ worth of booze. Don't mix PC and booze though.

I don't think he could make use of an nForce4 chipset as I'm pretty sure his x800XT is AGP interface, no?

I'm with Codeine on this one, the Abit AV8 3rd-Eye is a marvelous board, in my opinion the best AGP based socket 939 board around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom