help with .DAT files

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesman

In Runtime
ok, i downloaded a movie, and when iget it donwloaded i find that it is in two files and they are both files with a .DAT extension. anyone know who i can make it so i can view these files?

is this considered warez?, probably so. i should pretend to be very upset that you are using pirated media and say something like:

tech heaven forums does not offer support for pirated software or media. please read the forum policy. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

oh i'm so dissappointed in you chesman.....PS check your PM messages, hehe :eek:

yup, i was not sure if it was against TOS, i am just curious about .DAT files, thats all ekÆsine. :D

o and ya, thanks for the support guys, and dont be dissapointed iwont let it happen again! :p

wait i just re-read your question, you said 2 files? that can mean almost anything including VCD/ SVCD, MPEG4, or DIVX. try renaming the DAT extension to .MPEG or .MPG or .AVI and play that thing in media player or whichever your player is that you use.

the most common reason they would span a movie into 2 files is because it is meant to be either converted to (S)VCD or already is (S)VCD to be burnt onto 2 CDs.

ok,
but when i burn a vcd with nero it makes the file so big i cant fit one on a single cd. So how can get around this? and does an svcd make the file smaller so u can fit them on a cd? and if so can i do this with nero?

nah, you need to do conversion... and divide them into parts where necessary. Anyway, .dat is a raw video format. the media players should be able to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom