Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
I just recently got this OS and its ok... im not really using it for a server its jut on the comp... so i was wondering whats different about it, from win xp... everything pretty much seems the same except for a little bit of change in the look of it.... so I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it and what ur thoughts on it are.

well ive seen there are 2 versions, standard and enterprise
the Enterprise edition I saw COST LIKE $8000!!!!! (that's aussie dollars) but XP Pro doesn't even cost $300

Yea, it's the way M$ does business. They sell a bunch of poor souls "different" software.

Me and my friend were talking about this earlier today.

They change the label of their software, call it an upgrade and jack up the price. (That's why Linux is the best OS)

It's just like Windows 95, 98, ME. They are all the same. Just differnt labels and new patches for the security bugs.

Kinda like windows xp home/pro. All you really get is a differnet boot screen.

shan said:

Well, Windows XP Professional has a greatly expanded capacity for networking in contrast to XP Home. XP Pro allows networking through domains and such, whereas XP Home doesn't offer any functionality to that aspect.

shan said:

It's just like Windows 95, 98, ME. They are all the same. Just differnt labels and new patches for the security bugs.

Kind of. I'm the last to argue the Linux movement, because I'm on that train, but:

Win95 to Win98 there where huge improvements all around.

Now I'll agree that 98se to WinMe is a freaking waste of time.

And The difference between XP home and Pro are some networking features. Can't do VPN on Home.

Ya... in reply to apokalipse i would imagine the only reason the enterprise edition would cost 8000 would have to do with the licencing for all the computers... but yah i have standard edition right know.. i would guess that it is just licenced for one computer... i payed 399.99 canadian for it... i havent really tested out any of the networking features on it, so i cant really comment on that but after following this guide http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/ called .... How to convert you windows 2003 to a workstation... it actually seems to have a considerable improvement in straight out speed then my windows xp...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom