Just got my Tax return : Should I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
OK. I've been thinking about this for a few months now. I think i'm finally going to make the move.

I think it's time to convert, INTEL to AMD. Here's what I need to complete the change. I've got to strip my current PC to use a few things. (DELL DIMENSION 8300)

GOING TO BUY:
AMD ATHLON 64 FX-55
ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU LED Heatsink & Fan
MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA
OCZ ModStream 520W Power Supply with OCZ EZMod technology
RAIDMAX Samurai XE Black ATX Mid tower
COST to Upgrade: $1250.00

WHAT I HAVE THAT I CAN USE:
(2) SATA 250GIG HDD'S Seagate
(4) 512MB Corsair XMS
(1) DVD Drive
(1) DVD BURNER
(1) Sapphire Radeon X800XT PE
(1) SB Audigy 2 ZS

Should I? Or should I go on vacation? hmmm....

Comp will last longer than a vacation :D But still....depends on where you're going.

I'd suggest a diff board than the MSI Neo2. The Neo2 is indeed a good board, but considering the system you could probably do better with a DFI :)

Couldn't find a DFI that wasn't PCI express for a SLOCKET 939. I have a brand new X800XT PE that is AGP. So, PCI express doesn't interest me now.

MSI NEO 2 Platinum is a grat MOBO. The DFI LANPARTY's are obviously the best but, like i said, don't want PCI express right now.

Ahh yes, AGP..of course :D

Like I said, never said the MSI Neo2 wasn't a good board. Built a system with an amd 3500+ and used that board. Was pretty dern good. Don't know about overclockability with it, but if you don't care then I guess it doesn't matter, but generally people say they don't care about OC'ing...then a couple months later "Hey I wanna try OCing now what do I do" and it comes out "Well.....your board doesn't have adequate options! :D " and that's always a bummer.

All it really needs to make sure it has though above all is the ability to lock the AGP bus at 66MHz, if it's got that, then you will be able to OC

Sweet system havoc! :D
take that over the vacation
Though personally I would change the zalman cooler for the more beastly 7700-Cu. And also change the OCZ 520W ModStream to the more beastly OCZ 520W PowerStream.
Other than that looks good! :p

I'm sorry, I jsut have a fetish with things that are more beastly. :p :p

Dale, you make a very good point!!! I like the way you think...

DAMN! LOL - Thanks alot! Now it's going to cost me more to upgrade...

J/k - Good Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom